From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add Lookup Table 1D function

Solved!
Go to solution

I have Control Design & Simulation module on my Labview 2020.

girish53_0-1670339487043.png

But when I try to add the Control & Simulation | Simulation | Lookup Tables | Lookup Table 1D function to my block diagram I get a Circle with a slash. I cannot add it. What is the remedy. 

Girish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,186 Views)

Can you show a picture of the the "circle/slash"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,179 Views)

I cannot capture it because it shows up after I have picked Lookup Table 1D and brought the cursor in the block diagram. When I click, it bonks. It looks like this 🚫, but lines are black. Hope this helps. 

Girish

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,162 Views)

Thanks. I guess it's the cursor shape you get when you try to add a block diagram to the front panel or vice versa.

Sorry, I don't have that toolkit installed, so I cannot test what the problem might be.

Hard to guess what could cause this problem. You seem to have LabVIEW 32bit and 64bit installed. Do you have both open and try to drag it from the 64bit palette to a 32bit diagram, for example?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,122 Views)
Solution
Accepted by girish53

Its happened because you cannot place this element outside of the Control and Simulation Loop. First place this loop, then drag it inside of this loop:

Screenshot 2022-12-06 18.24.54.jpg

Andrey.

Message 5 of 7
(1,104 Views)

Thank you. That did it. 

Girish

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,072 Views)

@Andrey_Dmitriev wrote:

Its happened because you cannot place this element outside of the Control and Simulation Loop. First place this loop, then drag it inside of this loop:

Good information! They sure could improve the feedback on that!

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(971 Views)