LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access Shortcut Menu for Adding Input/Output in Formula Node

Solved!
Go to solution

This is a wierd problem. I cannot access the shortcut menu in formula node. I right click the border, nothing happens. Anyone run into this before? Is there any other way to add inputs and outputs?

I am running Vision Builder AI and want to use a formula node in my calculator tool.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,449 Views)

As the saying goes, "when you hear hoofbeats, think horses and not zebras".  Let's get a few things out of the way.

Is the VI in edit mode?

Is autotool on?

Drop a fresh FN on a New VI and try it again.

The only other way I know to add/remove inputs is scripting, let's not go there.

I have had a few issues with context menus, very few which persisted past a LV and/or computer restart, so I won't rule out a zebra just yet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,440 Views)

Yes I am in edit mode.

Not sure what autotool is refering to.

Tried starting a new clean file, no luck.

Restarted computer.

I am about to try on a different computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,435 Views)

Interesting.  Turns out I tried turning autotool off and it does not matter which tool is manually selected, you should still get the same context menu with add input and output.

If the new computer does not work, post a VI with nothing but a formula node and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,431 Views)

[Edit:  too much caffeine, hit post twice in rapid fire]

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,430 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshvm00

Found it.

In the configuration settings, there is an entry that is default "hideBDPopupMenus = True" ... changed to false and the menu pops up.

Thanks for your help.

Josh

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,422 Views)

Nasty.  That gets added to my list of evil deeds to inflict on an unsuspecting LV user.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,412 Views)

Why would anyone want to have that option to configure?

How did that setting get put into your config file?  (Short of someone trying to prank you.)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,396 Views)