LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you programmatically give key focus to input box in Prompt User 4 Intput vi?

How can I programmatically give key focus to the input box in the 'Prompt User for Input' express vi?  When the prompt comes up, the user has to click in the input box (or tab to it), then type in it.  Is there a way around that?
I know I'd have to modify the vi and then save it as another.  I was trying to add a key focus property node, but I couldn't get it to work.  Any suggestions?
Thanks!

-HOC Steve
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,541 Views)

Open the front panel, and add a key focus property node (set to true). Of course get the KF node for the control, not the indicator. Connect the error wire coming out of the FP.Open node to the KF node error input.
Here is what I get after some cleaning :

Message Edité par chilly charly le 11-05-2005 08:21 AM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 5
(3,538 Views)
Hi CC,
I can't figure out what to do with my code to set the keyfocus using your example.  Can you help me out?

Thanks!
sau
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,427 Views)

@sau wrote:
Hi CC,
I can't figure out what to do with my code to set the keyfocus using your example.  Can you help me out?

Thanks!
sau

Click on the Prompt User for Input Express icon with your right mouse, then select Open Frontpanel, acknowledge the dialog with
"Convert" and then open the newly created VI which took the place of the Express node.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 04-14-2006 11:36 AM

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 5
(3,420 Views)
Thank you rolfk!  I got it working.
Learned something new today!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,403 Views)