LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use same instrument at different places ?

Hi All,

Problem statement:

I am using NI SMU which I am initializing and configuring in TestStand at some point I am pausing my sequence and I want to measure the voltage i configured in TestStand using labview VI 

in order to do this I need to initialize SMU again in LabVIEW VI with out reset the device I achieved this.

but the problem is when I resume the TestStand Sequence and again try to configure or measure voltage means it is showing an error saying invalid session.

I know when we try to initialize the instrument it will close the old session and open new session.

are there any way of using same instrument in different places ?

please share your suggestions

thanks in advance:)

Best Regards

Manasa M

Best Regards
Manasa M
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,082 Views)

Hi All,

Problem statement:

I am using NI SMU which I am initializing and configuring in TestStand at some point I am pausing my sequence and I want to measure the voltage i configured in TestStand using labview VI 

in order to do this I need to initialize SMU again in LabVIEW VI with out reset the device I achieved this.

but the problem is when I resume the TestStand Sequence and again try to configure or measure voltage means it is showing an error saying invalid session.

I know when we try to initialize the instrument it will close the old session and open new session.

are there any way of using same instrument in different places ?

please share your suggestions

thanks in advance

Best Regards
Manasa M
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,048 Views)

My guess is that when you reinitialize the instrument it closes the old reference - which becomes invalid. To get this to work correctly you need a method to pass the reference in between TestStand and LabVIEW.  Sadly, if you want to use the default TestStand environment (instead of one of the canned OI examples they have) this is going to be difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,072 Views)

How are you controlling the instrument with TestStand?

What I did was make an Action Engine for my instruments and then TestStand just called my LabVIEW VIs that used that reference.  If you pause the sequence, you can still access the same reference using the same API that TestStand is using (the LabVIEW VIs).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,046 Views)

This is a duplicate thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/Can-we-use-same-instrument-at-different-places/m-p/3306634

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,046 Views)