LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the location of LVInternalReports be specified via executable ini file?

Hello all,

My company has turned on Microsoft Defender Controlled Folder Access features.  It seems no matter how simple the LabVIEW built executable is, it tries to at least "touch" %userprofile%\Documents\LabVIEW Data\LVInternalReports\{Exe_Name}\{Exe_Version}

I'd like to put something in the executable's .ini file so that my users are not continually seeing messages that "foo.exe" "has been blocked".

I'm on windows 10 (21h2 19044.1645)

LabVIEW 2015 15.0.1f12(32bit)

I half suspect the real solution involves updating to a newer version of LabVIEW but I'm on the verge of getting Windows Elevened and I'd hate to update just before my PC will non-functional for a week.

you can find the event ID 1123 in the Event Viewer under Microsoft->Windows Defender->Operational:

{absolute path to exe} has been blocked from modifying %userprofile%\Documents\LabVIEW Data\LVInternalReports\{Exe_Name}\{Exe_Version} by Controlled Folder Access.
Detection time: 2022-04-28T17:20:23.214Z
User: %username%
Path: %userprofile%\Documents\LabVIEW Data\LVInternalReports\{Exe_Name}\{Exe_Version}
Process Name: {absolute path to exe}
Security intelligence Version: 1.363.1054.0
Engine Version: 1.1.19200.5
Product Version: 4.18.2203.5

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(754 Views)

Bueller?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(718 Views)

Hi,

I also need the ability to either change the log location, OR disable writing anything. We have a user that does not allow writing to a Documents directory in a deployment situation, and we need to be able to change where it writes to. We are actually building a DLL, but the same should apply as with an EXE.

I have tried using adding
   DefaultDataFileLocation=c:\temp

etc to the ini file next to the dll that is built, but it is ignored.

Thanks,

Kane.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(631 Views)