LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open labview 11 after install

Solved!
Go to solution

I received the latest mydaq in school. I loaded all the software and was able to use the mydaq but labview won't open. I have an acer aspire v3-551-8664. It has the AMD Quad core A8 processor. I saw in another place that the AMD FX "bulldozer" has a problem with labview. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,250 Views)

Hi vtech student

Could you clarify what you mean by "labview won't open".  For example, does LabVIEW crash when you try to run it or is it simply that nothing happens when you try to open LabVIEW?  Does this freeze up the computer or does the computer continue to run as normal?

Are you be able to provide a screen shot of what happens when you try to open LabVIEW?

Thanks

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,244 Views)

When I try to open labview from "all programs" the little circle spins for a minute then goes back to a pointer..And nothing. It would appear that my computer starts running really slow and after awhile I just restart my computer by holding down the power button because nothing is working smoothly.

Thanks for your help.

I do not know how to do a screen shot, there isn't much to take a picture of.

So yes, nothing happens when I try to open it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,240 Views)

Hi vtech student

This is a known problem with LabVIEW 2011 and AMD FX Series CPUs. 

This Knowledge Base (KB) article provides a temporary fix for this problem, depending on whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 7
(3,237 Views)

Ben,

I tried the link you gave me. I fallowed all the directions as supplied. But I am still not able to open labview. Same thing, after I click on labview the little wheel just spins and then nothing. Any other ideas short of getting another kind of computer?

Thanks again!

peter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,218 Views)

Hi Peter

Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit?  Please bare in mind that there are 3 different options within the KB article I sent you, which depend on the operating system you are using.

Could you take me through the steps that you have now tried to resolve your issue?

Thanks

Ben

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,180 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vtech_student

So I fianlly realized that what I was missing was that the patch needed to go into two different folders. Got it working! thanks for your help and sorry for the confusion. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,163 Views)