LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open Vi, end of File Encountered

Hi all...

I have a serious problem where i can't open my main vi due to computer crash. When i'm working with labview suddenly my computer restart and when i open labview after crash there is no recover dialog which usually appear. Now i can not open my main vi, there is error "Labview: End of file encountered. File xxx.vi could not be loaded"

I try to accessbackup file in autosave folder but it is only contain project file which link to the same vi which cannot be loaded. 

Is it possible to recover the crash file?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,273 Views)

You say the auto-save directory only has the project file, but not the VIs? That's weird. How soon after opening the VIs did the computer suddenly reboot?

So you've checked the directory "\Documents\LabVIEW Data\LVAutoSave" and there's nothing there to help?

It sounds like you may be out of luck unless you can somehow resort to some Windows backup software to get an older image of your working directory.

This is why you should always use some sort of versioning software to keep constant backups of your code.

I hope someone else has a wonder-cure that can help you, but in my experience it's unlikely. Smiley Sad

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,250 Views)

Possibly a Scandisk can atleast fix the file so it has an ending. Maybe you can open what's left to save some code from it.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,224 Views)