LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about FPGA reference

Hi guys, right now I'm working on a image processing project using FPGA in myRio to perform a edge detection of an image taken by webcam, when I trying to use the IMAQ FPGA image transfer to target VI, I found it requires an DMA FIFO reference, so my question is what is this reference and what it can do in data processing? I understand other inputs, like image and error, but the reference really confused me. Also, when I use this VI, will it pass data collected from desktop to target in myRio, so that I need to build some algorithm in target, or, it only transmit data between desktop and target so that I could write algorithm in desktop panel? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,571 Views)

@SveinFz wrote:

Also, when I use this VI, will it pass data collected from desktop to target in myRio, so that I need to build some algorithm in target, or, it only transmit data between desktop and target so that I could write algorithm in desktop panel?

For the desktop to the myRIO's RT OS, you will want to use a Network Stream.  The DMA FIFO is used to send data from the RT to the FPGA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,541 Views)