LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install State Diagram Toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

I have LabVIEW 2009 and 2010 installed on my machine. I use the old State Diagram Toolkit for many programs. Usually, since the toolkit will only work with one version of LabVIEW, I've installed it for whichever version I need, then if I ever need to use it in the different LabVIEW version, I've uninstalled the toolkit, then reinstalled it for the other LabVIEW version I want to use. A bit of a pain, but it uninstalls/installs quickly, and I don't have to do it all that often, so not a huge deal.

I've done this procedure numerous times, but most recently when I tried it, the toolkit uninstalled without issue, but when I go to re-install the toolkit, it gives me an error saying "LabVIEW 7.0 not installed. Run the LabVIEW 7.0 (or later) setup before running this setup". What could the installer possibly be looking for which is no longer there?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,358 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steiger

Hi,

I'm surprised not to see JB answering this thread, as I know he is a SDE lover... Maybe is he on holidays !

To install SDE for an other Labview version, you need to locate the following folders of the SDE (in the working version), and copy them in the new LabVIEW version :

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x\examples\statediagram

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x\resource\plugins\statemachine

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x\vi.lib\addons\statediagram

So install the toolkit from CD once, and copy it on the other version.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

V-F
Message 2 of 3
(2,336 Views)

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.

I ended up brute-forcing it by uninstalling and reinstalling all the NI software on my machine, which worked but was pretty painful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)