LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Device Names from host

This was working, but now no longer is. I have since installed 2010 SP1 but also got a new hard drive so I don't know exactly what changed. On my host I am wanting to get all channels and to populate a combobox because I like the look much better than an I/O control. However, DevNames is empty. If I drop a DAQmx device name constant, it is also empty and only gives me the option to browse.

If I drop the DAQmx Device Name constant on my code under the RT target, it finds everything. Is there something I need to configure to get it to recognize the devices from the host? My hardware is all showing up in MAX and I just updated the drivers to coincide with SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,401 Views)

I'm going to rephrase this question:

How can I get the Physical Channels list from a remote device?

Lol, much more straight to the point. I just want this so the user can select which channels to view, should their wiring change down the road...I don't have to use shared variables do I...?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,386 Views)
One last bump
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,370 Views)

You said you can see all your hardware in MAX. Try creating a test panel in MAX to ensure you can communicate with your hardware. Are you able to run examples from the Example Finder in LV successfully? Try adding a simulated device in MAX. Does this device show up in LV when you insert a classic DAQmx Device Name I\O?

If you can successfully do all these things, there may be a MAX Database corruption.

Jordan

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,347 Views)
Thanks Jordan. I will try these things tomorrow but may just call in to get phone support, as I find that more efficient. I will be sure to post back once I have a solution.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,337 Views)