LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me what icon is this?

Solved!
Go to solution

I need help identifying this icon, it's supposedly an spectrogram but i can't find it. If it helps I'm on Labview 2017 SP1.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,077 Views)

I don't recognise that as a VI which is part of the base LabVIEW install. I suspect that it is part of a third party library which has been downloaded on your machine.

• If you press Ctrl+H and hover over the VI it will display it's name and a description of what it does (If the developer has written one)
  • If you open the VI and press Ctrl+Shift+E it will show you where it is locating in the project manager
  • If you want more of an idea of what it does you may have to open it and look at the code to work it out for yourself/post it here and someone else might give you an overview
  • If you just want to reuse it you can copy the VI and paste it somewhere else (Or Ctrl+drag)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,043 Views)

@Niatross wrote:

I don't recognise that as a VI which is part of the base LabVIEW install. I suspect that it is part of a third party library which has been downloaded on your machine.

• If you press Ctrl+H and hover over the VI it will display it's name and a description of what it does (If the developer has written one)
  • If you open the VI and press Ctrl+Shift+E it will show you where it is locating in the project manager
  • If you want more of an idea of what it does you may have to open it and look at the code to work it out for yourself/post it here and someone else might give you an overview
  • If you just want to reuse it you can copy the VI and paste it somewhere else (Or Ctrl+drag)

I've never used ctrl+shift+E before.  Is that the same thing as "View this VI in project"?  Thanks.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,033 Views)

Hi

(Ctrl+shift+E ) is the same (View >This VI in project 😞  displays the Project Explorer window with the current VI selected.

Best Regards.

Message 4 of 7
(1,024 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JCarlosB

It is "TFA Configure Spectrogram Indicator".  It can be found on the Signal Processing, Time Frequency Analysis, Utilities sub-Palette.  I hope you are familiar with Time-Frequency Spectrograms ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,011 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

It is "TFA Configure Spectrogram Indicator".  It can be found on the Signal Processing, Time Frequency Analysis, Utilities sub-Palette.  I hope you are familiar with Time-Frequency Spectrograms ...

Also not that this is not part of plain LabVIEW, but part of the Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit . Do you have this toolkit?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(997 Views)

Thank you so much, you literally saved my grades

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(983 Views)