cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get Call Library Function Node working

Solved!
Go to solution

hi, Sorry to interrupt you in the middle, 

When I specify my Library path , I should get the List of function Name. Unfortunately I did't get any function from the class .Can You please explain, why I am unable to get the Function Name.

My ZWave.dll is from C# code.

Best Regards.

strapuda

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(489 Views)

@strapuda wrote:

hi, Sorry to interrupt you in the middle, 

That's OK. But why?

Posting a new question will be better for everyone... This thread has been solved, so will only get attention to subscribers.

@strapuda wrote:

When I specify my Library path , I should get the List of function Name. Unfortunately I did't get any function from the class .Can You please explain, why I am unable to get the Function Name. 

Best guess is that you're exporting C# functions, and not C functions. LabVIEW will not resolve C++ (and probably C#) function names. Those names are only meaningful to the compiler the library is build in.

It could also be that you're building a C# assembly, not a standard DLL. If so, you should open the assembly as .NET object, not as a CLFN.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(486 Views)

Because your DLL is not a normal Windows PE DLL but a .Net assembly instead. .Net assemblies do not export any functions like normal DLLs. Instead you should use the .Net function nodes in LabVIEW to reference to your .Net assembly DLL.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(479 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

Because your DLL is not a normal Windows PE DLL but a .Net assembly instead.

Presumably, because it does seem possible to make a PE DLL in C#...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(471 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@rolfk wrote:

Very unlikely though and then you would almost certainly have an exported function. Pretty hard to compile a PE executable module without any public exports without at least some warnings. And AFAIK you have to bend backwards and stand on your head to convince the C# compiler to do that.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(466 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@rolfk wrote:

Very unlikely though 

Agreed.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(460 Views)