LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use labview 2010 to acquire echoes using Fastframe function?

I have a Tektronix DPO 7054 oscilloscope which has the Fastframe function. How can I program in Labview to use this function? My signal is a series of echoes (20 echoes). I only want to acquire the first echo and the last echoes. I don't want to acquire all the 20 echoes as there are too many points which reduce the computer speed substantially. 

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,402 Views)

Hi zebro,

Sorry I am not familiar with the Fastframe function on the Tektronix DPO 7054. Can you clarify what you are trying to acomplish? Are you wanting to controll the oscillloscope from LabVIEW (via GPIB) or are you wanting to do a similar aquisition or data processing using LabVIEW?

<Brian A | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,388 Views)

I am actually wanting to measure the time interval for the series of echoes. I have a labview program to acquire all 20 echoes in a VI. I know I can pick any two echoes by a simple labview programming. However,  to acquire all the echoes took too much time as the sample rate of the oscilloscope is very high (40 Gs/s). What I want to do is acquire the first and last echoes using the Fastframe of this oscilloscope, which can pick any echoes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,385 Views)

Hi Mike,

Are you using the tkdpo7k drivers in LabVIEW or are you transfering the data from the oscilloscope to LabVIEW some other way? Looking at the tkdpo7k driver there doesn't apear to be a Fastframe option.

<Brian A | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,370 Views)