LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i optimize write of large data array into text file ?

I would caution that IIRC, parallelizing the For loop where you write your data can *NOT* be depended upon to write the data in the proper order.  The execution order of the parallel instances isn't prescribed and is probably unpredictable to mortals.

-Kevin P

<EDIT>  Dang, did it again.  Had a tab open to reply, didn't get around to it immediately, forgot to refresh before posting, found that I was just repeating what was already said.  Oh well, maybe two answers reinforces the point...

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(914 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@mcduff wrote:

I did not know writing to an ASCII file could be done in parallel. Did you check that everything is written in the right order?

I would expect that the right order is not guaranteed using a parallel FOR loop.

Yes, definite oversight. Smiley Embarassed

The code is still slightly faster even without the parallelism.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(910 Views)

Sorry, i've been a little busy these last days.

Thank you all for your answers and explanations. Your answers helped me a lot, and I was able to update my application and save time during its execution.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(856 Views)