LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i convert a xy plot that i get from my input values, into a circular shape in Labview?

Can i convert a xy plot that i get from my input values in the lab view, into a circular shape in Labview? i have attached an image its queit close to my plot, i want to convert this plot into a (rough/as close as possible) circular shape and then find a co-relation between an ideal round circle and the circle made by my xy plot that i have attached with the message.

Looking forward to listen from you soon,

Regards,

Arsal7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30
(3,438 Views)

You might want to check that attachment again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(3,426 Views)

i have attached another one now

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(3,410 Views)

What do you mean you want to plot them in a circile? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30
(3,264 Views)

by that i mean that i need the final result close to a circle instead of the plot that i attached in my previous message.Is there any method in labview to do so? can i make the Initial point as the final point too? or some other way?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30
(3,248 Views)

Just treat your values as polar coordinates. Labview has a vi to convert polar to complex (which you can then plot), see snippit below.

polar-plot.png

As for making the initial point the final point, just add that point to the end of your array(s).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(3,237 Views)

So you mean to say that if my input is the signal given above by me then i can get a circular shape as output if i apply your methadology mentioned above. right?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30
(3,226 Views)

I don't think anyone here understands what it is you want.  Traditional X-Y graphs have axes that go from negative to positive infinity so they really can't meet anywhere to form a circle.  Do you mean like a Smtih Chart?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
(3,219 Views)

@ARSAL7 wrote:

[...] i have attached an image its queit close to my plot, i want to convert this plot into a (rough/as close as possible) circular shape and then find a co-relation between an ideal round circle and the circle made by my xy plot [...]

how about the http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/gmath/fitting_on_a_sphere/ vi?

2015-08-24_fitting-circle.PNG

2015-08-24_best-fit-tocircle.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(3,200 Views)

The only points that i am getting in my xy plot are in first quadrant that is a problem for me. and the output is some how a non linear plot.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30
(3,166 Views)