LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't create a While loop in Labview 2015 trial version

Hi,

I have just instaledl Labview 2015 trial version in Windows 10, every sample is working fine and I am able to modify any module of a sample vi.

However when I try to use Object shortcut Menu to place a Structure as a While loop (even a For loop) in the Block diagram sample vi  (or even into a new project), after I try to press left-mouse-click in the block diagram in order to place it ... the Function Tool Palette re-appears again so that the While Loop can't not be place-in.

I did try a For Loop, Case Structure ... and the results are the same, I can't place any thing. I did have old Labview version before, and I had no problem to place any structure!

Can anyone show me why and how I can place a Structure in?

Thanks to any help

Message 1 of 5
(2,704 Views)

Try quickdrop ctrl+space.  Type in While Loop and left click anywhere on the Block Diagram when you see While Loop highlighted in blue.

It should be something you'll need to drag to create the rectangular shape.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,682 Views)

I did as what you described (ctrl space and typing While loop ...) and it works right away. However, I wonder why the Object shortcut Menu can create any module by only selecting ... why it can't do the same for Structure?

Anyways, by your help I can do my stuffs now and thank you very much for that Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,659 Views)

Do you have a relatively fancy mouse with a driver that allows remapping of the buttons? Maybe something is misconfigured.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,647 Views)

I have just verified with USB mouse (mine is touch pad from DELL), the same problem. I also verify the Touch Pad and Mouse setting, every thing looks normal.

I try with Window Paint Brush and use the Rectangular shape,  place then drag to create the size as I wish (same action as use to place the Structure in Labview), it works fine.

I don't know why, but for the mean time I will use your method to place the Structures.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,621 Views)