LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can hpe364xa work with single-output supplies?

I've downloaded the driver file hpe364xa_LV71.msi, but when I use it with an E3640A power supply, the supply reports an error because the driver sends command INST:NSEL 1 when setting the output voltage. Single-output supplies don't support output-selection commands, but how can I tell the driver not to use them?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,649 Views)
Downloaded from where? The driver available here does not have an installer and has single-output functions that do not send this command. Is this an IVI driver that you got from Agilent?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,649 Views)
Downloaded from the NI website. A search on E3640A throws up two options; one is the Plug & Play driver you reference, while the other is a multi-environment IVI driver here. This is the one that tries to select a channel for the single-output supply. There doesn't seem to be a way to let the driver know what type of supply it's controlling (except that the driver can look at the *IDN string it requests).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,649 Views)
You may need to specify a Driver Setup for the IVI driver in the driver session in MAX so that it knows which model you are using. Do you have any more success with the Plug and Play driver? I believe that it has a similar API to the IVI driver.

Hobbs
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,649 Views)
Hi,

bug is in the driver. I attached fixed DLL. please replace DLL and I hope that it'll solve your problem.

Dll is located in [IVI]\bin
standard installation is [IVI] = C:\Program Files\IVI

current version of driver is 2.2. This bug fix is in new version which will be available very soon. Please let me know (zdenek.rykala@elcom.cz) if this DLL is working correctly. I don't have instrument and I did not test it.

Regards,
Zdenek
Message 5 of 7
(2,649 Views)
Zdenek,
You're a star! Very many thanks. My problem was fixed using hpe364xa version 2.4
Nick
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,649 Views)
The updated driver is now available on the Instrument Driver Network:
http://zone.ni.com/idnet97.nsf/9b2b33e1993d877786256436006ec498/1261bbad151325c5862568d900550554?OpenDocument

Thanks Nick for closing the loop and validating the fix.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,649 Views)