LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a plot line width be larger than level 5

When I programming in Labview 6.1, in the property of plot, I found the line width only have 5 level. In my case, I need a much thicker plot line than level 5. Is there anyway to realize increasing the line width beyond the 5 options provided in Labview?

Really thank you if you can help me.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,013 Views)
You can programmatically thicken lines by creating a duplicate data plot that is offset from the original.  Then use the Plot.FillTo property node and fill between the original and the duplicate.

I back saved the example from LV7 to 6.1, but I have no way to test it on 6.1
Message 2 of 6
(3,005 Views)

Thanks a l`````lot, Jonnie 5.

Even the VI engineer didn't give me a solution. Smiley Wink

I solved my problem following your thoughtway (also add a 'minus offset' to the actual signal so that the actual plot locates in the middle of the 'thick line'.) Now I am so excited to start my new experiment by using this program. But I can't fill the space between actual and my duplicate plots into solid color. I can only see three lines on the panel. Is there any tip to get a thick solid plot? Sorry for trouble.

weiwei8688

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,978 Views)
You can also use the picture control to plot a graph. Look at the shipping example called Waveform and XY Plots. Buried in them is a subVI called Draw Multiple Lines. It has a pen width setting. You can make it as thick as you want.
Message 4 of 6
(2,969 Views)
not sure why it's not filling if you have a positive non-zero offset.  Make sure you're setting the active plot number before the fillto property.

LV6.1 example attached w/ + and - centered around actual.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,965 Views)
excellent idea (as usual) Dennis!

the top level example is in examples\picture\demos.llb

the subvi is in vi.lib\picture\picture.llb

Message Edited by Jonnie 5 on 08-11-2006 10:29 AM

Message 6 of 6
(2,962 Views)