LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use LabVIEW and DAQmx on Win 10 IoT Enterprise?

Solved!
Go to solution
Dear experts!
I known that LabVIEW works on Win 10 IoT Enterprise (link
However, I would like to use DAQmx on UNO-247  which support Win 10 IoT Enterprise. Can anyone advise me that  DAQmx can be install on  Win 10 IoT Enterprise or can not?
Please help me!
Thank you so much!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,308 Views)

Hi, 

According to this KB - Is My DAQ Device Supported in My Operating System? - NI the best way to find is the drivers readme so it depends on which version you are using. I have checked a few of the latest ones and none of them mention the IoT edition but might be worth checking for your specific software setup. 

Even if it works on it, if if is not listed in the readme it would not be supported. 

Many Thanks, 

Riley 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nhatnguyen1001

Hello, nhatnguyen1001. See your system compatibility with NI products in this link.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/15/national-instruments-product-compati...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nhatnguyen1001

The editions of Windows 10 that NI supports are as follows:

• Windows 10 Professional
  • Windows 10 Enterprise 
  • Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

The editions of Windows 10 that NI does not support are as follows:

• Windows 10 IoT Core
  • Windows 10 in S Mode
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,209 Views)

Thank you so much for your information!

As the webpages I think everything will works well on Win 10 IOT enterprise.

I have ordered a Advantech IPC (UNO-247). I will test and feedback later.

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,183 Views)

You are welcome. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,173 Views)

did Win 10 IoT Enterprise work for you?  DAQmx?

Stu
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(238 Views)

As the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is in fact simply the normal Windows 10 for x64 PCs, but with modularized options to what should be installed, there is no fundamental reason why it should not work. Except of course the fact that you can configure IoT Enterprise to install as complete barebones system that lacks potentially components that LabVIEW and/or NI DAQmx require.

The question is not if it can work (it definitely can) but what you need in detail from the system. The hardware platform needs to support installation of Windows IoT Enterprise and that means it needs to be an x86_64 based platform. And you will need to evaluate what additional hardware you plan to use and that it fits with your platform and that the according system resources are compatible (PCI subsystem etc). Also DAQmx will need to be able to access the PCI subsystem (yes even if your hardware does not have physical PCI or PCIe slots, since PCI is the bus system also used internally) so your platform needs to have chipset support drivers for Windows 10 Enterprise (usually Windows 10 drivers should work unless your motherboard manufacturer uses customized chipsets architectures).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(223 Views)