LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I load pictures for a picture ring control at run time?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

is there a way to achieve the above mentioned behaviour? Changing the graphics elements of a picture ring control or indicator at run time?

Best regards,

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,539 Views)

Unfortunately, no, there is not a way to do that. Changing the picture would require recompiling, and an application cannot do that to itself at runtime. You could use a picture indicator instead. What are you trying to do?

Message 2 of 5
(4,538 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I am trying to quickly switch between different full screen images to create a powerpoint-like behaviour. I will now try to load pictures and feed them into a picture indicator, see if that is fast enough. The ring indicator was just so simple...

Regards

M. Richwin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,515 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author matthias.richwin

You can do that with the picture indicator.  I have written a slide show program in LV and it works quite smoothly.  If you start to see delays, it is probably due to file read time rather than the display.  Read one or two files from disk ahead of when you will want to display them.  Updating the display from memory should be fast.

Lynn

Message 4 of 5
(4,499 Views)

Hi,

thanks a lot. That is exactly what works, I change between only three different bitmaps, so I load them all in advance and just index into the array and feed the image into the picture control.

Regards

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,493 Views)