LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get direct access to data referenced by a c-pointer?

Hi,

i would like to get direct access of data referenced by a c-pointer without building a copy of the data.

Background: The camera and the frame-grabber I use in my application are only accessible by a dll. There are some instructions in that dll to get a c-pointer to the image-data strored in the frame buffers. Now I would like to get direct access to the image-data referenced by this c-pointer without copying the data to a LawVIEW-array. Is it possible to work with a pointer in LabView in general eg. pass the pointer to an activeX-system?

Thanks Tille
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,190 Views)
Tille,

maybe the documentation of the Call Library Function Node in LabVIEW gives you some ideas how you could set this up. You can find the docu also here. Specially the part ActiveX and Adept to Type (quite in the end) will be interesting for you.
But to be fair, most part has to be "prepared" by the DLL itself. If the picture is passed by value, you will have no chance, regardless what setting you choose in LV.

Norbert B.
NI Germany
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,172 Views)