cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I edit ni-rt.ini programatically?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, this is Lee.

I want to change my real time target IP address programatically, So I edit ni-rt.ini and reboot.

It looks like works well.....but I don't know it's "really" works well.

Look at the attachement....If I change IP_address using ini file edit VI's, then ni-rt.ini file messed up. I mean, If I look at the file with word pad, it looks fine but if I look at the file with note pad it's mess.

And also there are quatation mark added.

My question is that, Can I edit ni-rt.ini with ini edit VI's? It looks like change the whole contents, but still works fine?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,995 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Automation777

You should add info on the functions you are using for modification of the file.

The strange symbols in the notepad are the "new line" characters, which obviously are not displayed correctly in notepad. What happens if you open the modified file with word/wordpad? Does it look strange as well?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 5
(2,977 Views)

As you said, it looks very well at word pad......but anyway, it doesn't works well. If I edit ni-rt.ini using ini edit VI, it crash with NI MAX.

I just workaround not to use ini edit VI and now it works fine.

thanks you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,973 Views)

What version of LV are you using?

I know that specific LV versions altered the setup of ini files when using the configuration file functions. This could explain your situation.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,969 Views)

I'm using 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,966 Views)