LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling .NET assembly from Packed Library causes a Dependency Warning

Hi,

I have a library which calls a .Net assembly.

I simply use the .Net Constructor node to call the constructor, and then invoke or property nodes to work with the DLL. This is working fine.

Then I build the library into a Packed Project Library. The DLL is added to "Always included" and is placed in the same folder level as the new Packed Project Library.

When I open the newly build Packed Project Library from the build location, it is working.

However, if I copy the Packed Project Library with the DLL to a new location, I get a dependency warning that the path for the DLL has changed:

"Warning: Dependency loaded from new path"

The interesting part is, that it is expecting the development path to the DLL. Why is it not expecting the path to the original build path?

Since the .Net Constructor Node does not have any inputs for passing a relative path, how can I avoid this warning?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,889 Views)

I just tried to apply a prefix to the DLL in the build properties of the Packed Library, as suggested in this article:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Development-Best/Packed-Project-Library-Pitfalls/ta-p/3523762

I added "LV_", and this means the DLL that is copied to the build path is now having the "LV_" prefix in the name.

Then I tried to close LabVIEW and delete the DLL from the development path (to make sure this is not being used), and then open the Packed Project Library from the build path. Now I also get a warning here, as it was expecting the development path to the DLL (without the prefix) but now found the DLL in the build path (with the prefix).

Why isn't the Packed Library expecting the new path with the prefix?

How can I "update" the Constructor node to expect the correct path??

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,879 Views)

I see this thread is somewhat old, but I'm having the same problem and I'd appreciate advice if anyone knows what we're talking about. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(433 Views)