From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library function

Hi,
I just transfered some of my programs (in LV5.0 - student edition) from one computer to another. The programs work perfectly on computer A, but when I transfered them to computer B, an error comes up saying 'call library function not supported in this version'. What I don't understand is that I am using the exact same LV5.0 student edition on both computers - was maybe an update installed on the original computer to allow the call library function to work? If so, where could I find this? Any other ideas why I can't use Call Library Function on computer B?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,336 Views)
ps - the problem is with the DIO Port Config VI in the Read from Digital LIne.vi

Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,336 Views)
Hi LV newbie,

Th call library function calls functions within a dll. The dll can be an API or driver from the equipment manufacturer or custom-made functions to control or communicate with the DUT.

So the first thing I would look for is the dll in question.

When you transferred the LV code from computer A to B, did you do a mass compile? (Tools > Advanced > Mass Compile). You can try that. If already done that, open the vi giving you trouble and look at the call library function. Is it pointing to the right directory to find the dll? The problem may be in the ability for the vi to find the dll. Make sure it is calling the right function(s) and passing the appropriate parameters and values. Strange things can happen when moving LV from one PC to
another.

Let us know your progress.

JLV
Message 3 of 3
(2,336 Views)