From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library Function Node get function name

Is there a way to get a selected Function Name as string from Call Library Function Node? Maybe not exactly string.

For exmple, there is a function in .dll file like "My_test_func()", I select it in Call Library Function Node Function Name list. So I want to get this "My_test_func" text from node. Without modifying .dll file.

Standart CLFNode has path out, error out and result argument. But maybe there is a way to make one more like "function name"?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,455 Views)

You can't (easily) get a selected function from a CLFN.

You can get all exported function names from a dll with WIndows APIs (DbgHelp functions), but that would not be trivial.

You could use scripting to get the name of the function. That will only work in development environment though.

What's your goal? If it's just code clarity, I suggest configuring the CLFN to show "Name Format>Names".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,406 Views)

Thank you.

As I thought... No easy way.

My goal is to use case structure depending on exact function. Or at least display in Dialog which function sent incorrect result.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,403 Views)