LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Library Function Node 'Wrapper.Create': Library not found or failed to load. using windows 7 64 bits

Dear all

I try to interface my spectrometer (NIRquest from ocean optics) using labview on my 64 bits cumputer using windows 7.
I have absolutely no problem to run the spectrometer with the program dedicated to the spectrometer (called Spetrasuite).

I've installed "OmniDriverSPAM-1.66-win64-development-installer.exe" and everything went right.

When I select a VI in LabView (e.g."wrapper_create.vi") from the wrapper.llb, LabView returns an error :
"Call Library Function Node 'Wrapper.Create': Library not found or failed to load."

I chek the call library function, but everyting seems to be right :
NI

I use LabView 8.6.1 and my others *.vi are running perfectly...

Do you have any idea from where does the problem comes ?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,534 Views)

Are you actually using LabVIEW 64-bit? You OS may be 64-bit, but the application has to be 64-bit in order to call a 64-bit DLL. A 32-bit process cannot call a 64-bit DLL.

I do not remember if LabVIEW 8.6.1 came in a 64-bit flavor. Check your DVD.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,528 Views)

Hello Flanguy,

In addition to smercurio_fc's feedback I can confirm that LabVIEW 8.6.1 doesn't exist in 64-bit version.

Officially, LabVIEW 8.6.1 doesn't support Windows 7 either.

The minimal version of LabVIEW you would need to both support Windows 7 and exist in 64-bit version is LabVIEW 2009 64-bit or any 64-bit versions which are more recent.

In the two links (1 & 2) you can find more background information.

Kind Regards,

Wouter

National Instruments Belgium

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,500 Views)