cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV File not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! 

I am trying to read a .csv file in Labview2010. I have browsed the path and file but I get an Error 7: file not found. Has someone got any idea why and how to solve it?

Thanks in advanced!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,424 Views)

Impossible to tell from a blurry picture. Did you browse for path using the path constant (right-click...browse for path)?

What is your OS language?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,387 Views)

Hello altenbach,

Thank you for your quick answer. Yes, I browsed as you said.

My OS language is spanish.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,380 Views)

Have you tried opening your file with a simple Text editor, such as Notepad?  I could imagine that if the file was wildly "wrong" (say, binary data), LabVIEW might get "confused" ...

How large is the file?  If it is not too large, attach it and offer a cookie to the first person who can open it ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by elisa_bs

I doubt "file not found" should depend on the file contents.

• What kind of path is this?
  • Is the folder on the local disk or some network location? (What is "RT Mirrored"?)
  • Does the filename contain any unusual characters (unicode, etc.)?
  • Is the containing folder accessible to LabVIEW?
  • Does it work better if you run LabVIEW as administrator? (right-click..run as administrator)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,305 Views)

Thank you for your answers. Finally I solved it: the file was not accesible because the .vi was located in the PXI and the CSV file in the host PC. Now it sounds a foolish mistake but it took my mind anyway! Still too much to learn in Labview...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,275 Views)

Software development makes you humble.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,268 Views)