16GB of RAM - Mostly on 40% 
I use AVG and YAC  did full computer scan with both
Last win update was before I installed any of NI programs

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(991 Views)

Exorath wrote:

I never said that you are infected. I was just saying that the presence of certain antivirus programs can sometimes interfere with the correct operation of some software.

We had problems with AVG before, don't remember the details.

YAC seems to be a blatant ripoff of malwarebytes (see also), so it would seem to be more logical to use the real product instead (free version is sufficient).

I strongly recommend to get rid of YAC!

Message 13 of 15
(973 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Exorath wrote:

I never said that you are infected. I was just saying that the presence of certain antivirus programs can sometimes interfere with the correct operation of some software.

We had problems with AVG before, don't remember the details.

YAC seems to be a blatant ripoff of malwarebytes (see also), so it would seem to be more logical to use the real product instead (free version is sufficient).

I strongly recommend to get rid of YAC!

AVG thought the whole RT section of LabVIEW was full of malware.  I tried sending in some of the files for review but never heard anything back.  I wanted them to okay them so that I wouldn't have to tell AVG to ignore that section.

To the OP:

Did you look at Task Manager to see what was really hogging the CPU before ripping things out all willy-nilly?  Just because your PC was running better after lobotomizing LabVIEW doesn't mean that was the issue.  Reminds me of the joke about cutting all the legs off a frog and declaring it deaf.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(944 Views)

Will try hopefully will work for now. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(946 Views)