cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD question

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Friends,

I just started working for CLAD exam.I have attached some of the fundamental exam questions. please check add correct me if any mistakes.

Meena

Message 1 of 9
(3,915 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lavanya_sri
  • Q11 is correct as D for the reasons you gave Good Work!Smiley Happy
  • Q34 the answer is A: B is false as a scale applies to a channel and a task can call many scales, C is false since the channels must have the SAME not "Similar" timing
  • Q38 is open for debate and is a bad question.Smiley Mad "Main Disadvantage(s)" is semantically inconsistant and NONE of the answers hints at the lack of data flow between the case structures hence, they will fire in any order (just plain bad) AND, no answer exposes the lack of error handleing.  However, as A & B are patently FALSE, D is also False so the most correct answer is C
  • Q10. The correct answer is "E. Both A & C"- try A B & C on your machine
  • Q9. why the uncertainty?  Of course you wire ONLY the data you need into any structure.
Fairly good-  When is your test scheduled?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 9
(3,905 Views)

Jeff Bohrer wrote: 
  • Q10. The correct answer is "E. Both A & C"- try A B & C on your machine

Are you sure? The question is about waveform graphs, but A seems to deal with an xy graph. Different animal. 😉

Message 3 of 9
(3,893 Views)
Read right through it..... and bundled the dT right in with X

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 9
(3,884 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. Still I have to prepare more to get enough confidence, then I may schedule for CLAD exam.please send me(meena_bw@yahoo.com), If you have any material for CLAD preparation

Meena

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,837 Views)

Hi everyone,

I tried to register for the CLD exam but NI insisted that I must take the CLAD first so I perused some CLAD practice questions and found some questions I could not answer and don't understand how they arrived at the solution. It is about continuous buffered acquisition.

Please see attached screenshots. I have written down the solutions next to screenshots.

Can someone please explain the solutions below:

1st screensjot Q4 :      B

2nd screenshot Q5:    option 3

3rd Screenshot Q3:      A

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,730 Views)

Q4:  Each time that loop runs, the DAQmx outputs a 5 element 1-D array.  The loop will run twice, once the elapsed time is 0 so it has not elapsed.  Then it takes 5 seconds to collect 5 samples (data rate is 1).  Then it runs a second time and elapsed time will now have been met  (5 seconds have passed and it is looking for 4).  Loop ends, auto-indexing tunnels gives you 2 rows of 5 columns.

Q3:  I don't know  I'd have to experiment.  You can experiment yourself.  It will output 3 channels worth of data, which will be either rows or columns, and N samples (unknown since that part is cutoff), which will be columns or row.   Ai1, 2, 3 are at indices 0, 1, 2.  So Index 1 is correct.  But I don't know offhand whether it would be row 1 or column 1 because I don't remember which way DAQmx orients the data.  But honestly, I don't care to remember.  When I need to know, I just run an experiment and which way gives me the data I want.

Q5:  You didn't post, you duplicated Q4.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,724 Views)

Thanks RavenFAN. The question I omitted was very similar to the one you just explained and that was enough for me to understand the answers in the solution. Yes I agree with you, I'd have to experiment with Q3. I thought the correct answer was index row 1 but they designated it as index column1.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,715 Views)

@SolPS wrote:

Thanks RavenFAN. The question I omitted was very similar to the one you just explained and that was enough for me to understand the answers in the solution. Yes I agree with you, I'd have to experiment with Q3. I thought the correct answer was index row 1 but they designated it as index column1.

From the DAQmx Read VI help:

data: returns a 2D array of samples. Each row corresponds to a channel in the task. 
Each column corresponds to a sample from each channel. The order of the channels in
the array corresponds to the order in which you add the channels to the task or to
the order of the channels you specify with the Channels to Read property

So Row is the correct answer. It used to be Column with Traditional-DAQ.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,707 Views)