LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLAD Question

The following question I found on the recent (least I think it's recent) CLAD sample exams.  I got this one wrong.  I answered it as D because of a key word, "Invoke."  The answer is apparently B.  This is my question to you, LabVIEW world, how is the answer B?  I have changed values of controls and indicators using value of a property node before.  I even went straight to a Block Diagram and tried wiring to both a control and an indicator property node value without any issue.  Is this question wrong?

Q38: Which of the following apply to Property Nodes?
Property Nodes:
A allow attributes of files on disk to be programmatically manipulated
B can be used to update the value of a front panel control or indicator
C return an error if you attempt to read a property before it has been written
D can be used to invoke methods on a control

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,160 Views)

Invoke nodes are used to invoke methods, which are different than property nodes. That rules out D.

Did you read the question correctly? It seems like you are familiar with the use of property nodes (saying how you went to the block diagram).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,156 Views)

You are confusing invoke nodes (methods) with property nodes (properties).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,154 Views)

I'm leaning to the first post being right and you misread it.

You state you've used property nodes to change the value.  You stated you went to test it and saw you can change the value with the property nodes.  That means "which of the following apply to property nodes" would HAVE to include what you know to be true and tested to be true.  D is discusing invoke nodes that invoke methods rather than change properties.  The answer is easily correct.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,143 Views)

Oh... Good grief.  I have been misreading and re-misreading this question over and over.  That's embarassing.  My bad.  My bad.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,130 Views)

@DailyDose wrote:

Oh... Good grief.  I have been misreading and re-misreading this question over and over.  That's embarassing.  My bad.  My bad.

Trust me.  We've all done it.  Learn what you can and move on.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,096 Views)