From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANopen with LabVIEW

I am looking for the proper library to use for developing an application to read the cylinder rod position information. The sensor communicates over CANopen. 

I was searching the NI site on this and came up with an article that said NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen Drops Support for Windows 7 (32- and 64-Bit), Windows Serve...

But it failed to say what is the alternative or i missed it ? 

I am using LV2017 on a Windows 10 PC.  

Which hardware and software should I go in for ? 

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,584 Views)

Hi Moga,

@MogaRaghu wrote:

I was searching the NI site on this and came up with an article that said NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen Drops Support for Windows 7 (32- and 64-Bit), Windows Serve...

But it failed to say what is the alternative or i missed it ? 

I am using LV2017 on a Windows 10 PC. 

It only claims to drop support on 32bit OS.

Your Win10 most probably is a 64bit OS and so it still will be supported!

@MogaRaghu wrote:

Which hardware and software should I go in for ? 

I use mostly plain old NI9853 modules for CAN bus communication.

I use my own implementation of CANopen - after all it's "just" a software layer on top of the CAN physical layer.

(NI used to have an example CANopen implementation for FPGA for reference.)

I also use some old NI-CAN PCI cards for desktop PCs, with the also old CANopen library. While this allows easy implementation of CANopen communication it has (apart from its age and "obsolete" status) some other quirks and bugs.

I didn't use that IndustrialCommunication toolkit and cannot comment on its features/abilities.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,549 Views)