From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANoe Configuration

Hello,

i would like to open a CANoe (Vector) Configuration with LabVIEW and run it. Moreover it should be possible to set some values in one of my panels. Is there anyone who knows how this could function?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,341 Views)

Do you mean that you want to use LabVIEW to open an instance of CANoe, pointing it to a configuration file?

Yes, you can do that. In fact I think there are 3 different ways to do it.

COM/ActiveX, .NET and fdx/UDP.

Here is a link to the .NET API: CANoe .NET API
You can send it the configuration file to use, then I believe you should be able set values on your CANoe panel.

Otherwise CANoe configuration files are meaningless to LabVIEW.

It has been about 15 years since i did this (and I used ActiveX at the time) so I can't really offer any more help than to say "Yes, I'm pretty sure it can be done."

This question has been asked a number of times over the years in this forum.  I'm sure you will be able to find some examples.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/North-Oakland-County-LabVIEW/LabVIEW-communication-with-CANoe-12-4-2019/gpm...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-send-data-from-CANOE-to-LABVIEW/m-p/2785710

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,261 Views)

Hello,
I am working on a similar project. Using LabVIEW, I want to open, and manipulate system/user-defined variables, send particular CAN messages in one direction (as Vector CANoe is acting as a Gateway in between two CAN channels), and close Vector CANoe at a particular instant. For this method, I am working with the "Network-Published Shared Variables in CANoe" method, as defined in the attached pdf provided by Vector. But, in this method, they have defined two variables "CANoe_LabVIEW" to read the value in LabVIEW and "LabVIEW_CANoe" to do manipulation, the latter will be received by Vector CANoe, and have the changes implemented.
Although, for my case, I want to perform manipulation/interpretation of one variable, for example, "CANoe_LabVIEW" after reading it in LabVIEW, and the same variable should be used by Vector CANoe for a particular test case defined in LabVIEW.

I am new to LabVIEW and am struggling to find a solution to it. Could you please assist me, with how I can make this done? Also, if I would like to check whether the variable has been modified or not in Vector CANoe, how I can do that.
Suggestions with example will be well appreciated.
Thanks, Daman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,223 Views)