From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buildserver

Hi,

I'm going to set up a CI for my project.

Now I'm searching for a solution to build my Project on the CI-Server. I know there is the possibility to build a project using LabView via Commandline. But I would prefer using another tool, so I don't have to install LabView on my Server?

Does anybody know something, that would help me?

It would be also nice, if it works with Jenkins.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,999 Views)

You can't build LabVIEW executables without installing LabVIEW (and the application builder).

Message 2 of 4
(2,959 Views)
Message 3 of 4
(2,945 Views)

As others have indicated, you need LabVIEW installed to build applications. There was talk about releasing a build only version at some point. For now you will need to use the one mentioned by Terry_ALE or this one: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Reference-Design-Content/Common-Continuous-Integration-Steps-for-LabVIEW-Co...

The link provided uses scripted pipelines, we have adopted this to use declarative pipelines. We will be presenting this during NI Week, so come along to our session on Thursday the 24th in Room G if you are around. In the meanwhile if you need the slides/information etc. feel free to ask.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 4 of 4
(2,932 Views)