LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building shared library for simple add function labview VI

Hi ,

I am trying to build a shared library for simple add function in labview .But getting error as attached snapshot.

Regards,

Anand

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,242 Views)

Don't forget to press "Details". It might provide, well, details.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,236 Views)

Hi,

Attached is the error details. The VI is simple one. It just add 2 numbers . Not sure why i am getting this error. Looks like calling convention error. Any input for this.

I tried for simple number increment also. There are also same error.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,213 Views)

You are going to have to share some code, including the project in order for us to be able to help debug this at all.  I see notes about function and parameter names, but nothing exact to look at.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,209 Views)

Hi,

Attached is the labview project.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,204 Views)

That DLL just built just fine for me.  Perhaps you are running into a permission issue?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,193 Views)

Hi,

Still the issue there. I am not sure where to change for permission issue.

The error line says. "An error occurred compiling the DLL because a function or parameter name is illegal. Please verify that the function and/or parameter names are legal C identifiers and do not conflict with LabVIEW headers."

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,179 Views)

Especially when building exe or dll's, the error descriptions are not that descriptive.

Are you using the dll anywhere? That will lock it, and builds will fail. Make sure it's not in loaded. A VI, even when it's not running, using it will keep the file locked. Or try to (temporarily) change the destination name of the dll. As it's complaining about the function name, you might (temporarily) change that too, just to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,167 Views)

Hi,

I tried with new Labview project. closed all the VIs ,changed the destination and changed the function ,parameter name too. Still the same issue.

If my project works in your system, it might be some file missing in my system.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,163 Views)

That would mean a repair or reinstallation of LabVIEW.

Unless you did something out of the box, I'd think something else is happening, but a repair might be worth a shot.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,159 Views)