LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a LabView executable with supporting files

Hello, I have a simple vi that uses relative addresses for supporting files (image and text files). The vi works fine but I don;t know how to create the exe file with the relative address links. Suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(6,199 Views)

On your build specifications, you will use the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th categories to include files in the right locations.

Under Source Files, find any files you need and set them to "Always Included". Under Destinations, make a new destination for each subfolder you need (the default support directory is \data). Under Source File Settings, you can pair up your files with the appropriate destinations.

temp.png

Message 2 of 19
(6,188 Views)

Sorry but what are the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th categories?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(6,178 Views)

I list them one-by-one: Source Files, Destinations, and Source File Settings.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(6,174 Views)

Source filesSource filesDestination - in a folder called "files"Destination - in a folder called "files"Source File Settings = "files"Source File Settings = "files"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(6,163 Views)

This didn't work either. The exe file still cannot find the supporting files.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(6,154 Views)

I cannot look at your code right now, but make sure you are using Application Folder for building paths to support files that will be outside of your executable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(6,148 Views)

@nonone01 wrote:

This didn't work either. The exe file still cannot find the supporting files.

Yes, like Crossrulz said, it's not that it didn't work, it's just that you probably aren't building a path to the place you think you are. Can you post a snippet of code that shows how you build the path to these files in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(6,147 Views)

Picture1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(6,077 Views)

Yes, as Crossrulz said you want to use "Application Directory", not "Current VIs Path". The Application Directory will be the location of your project (.lvproj) file in the development environment, and the location of your your executable (.exe) file in runtime. So when you build your paths and place your folders on disk, make sure your lvproj is in the same relative location to your supporting files as your exe.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(6,072 Views)