cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build executable and installer programmatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a project in LV 8.5.1 with several RT targets, and every of them has its corresponding executable under Build specifications (inside the same project).

Every time I want to compile a new release of my software, I must compile one by one , changing Properties every time (because I hace several machines and destination paths can be totally different, or even the icon can change).

I've found the way of automating this compilation process through BuildTargetBuildSpecifications.vi (in Program Files \National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\AppBuilder\), but it's very basic because it only lets you select the project and the name of each application.

I need a way of accessing the Properties of every Build specification programmatically (the Destination path and icon path at least), and build everything sequencially.

In the same folder as the mentioned BuildTargetBuildSpecifications.vi there're lots of functions which seem to access to all of these properties, but I've no idea of how to use them (most of them use "object" as input parameter).

Could anybody help me with this?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,356 Views)
I don't know how to change the icon, but a simple fix for the destination path is just to build it to a static path and then programatically copy it to your desired destination using the file VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,351 Views)

It's on my list of things to get working in near future. So here is some recources I collected so far:

* JKI Software Blog: 1 Click Build

* Have a look into the OpenG builder (it's Open Source!)

Felix

Message 3 of 7
(5,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fruss

Hi Fruss,

additional to the informations here, I send you a project including a VI making it possible to change the icons programmatically. You only have to choose the path of your project and where your icons are located. I hope this information helps you! If there are any questions you can contact me again.

Best regards

Suse

(5,296 Views)

the project...

(5,295 Views)

Hi,   

I added a simple example to find the destination path programatically, also in your application! You only have to customize your VI-name one time! I hope my example helps you!

Best regards

Suse

(5,266 Views)

This is the solution I've implemented: the .lvproj is an xml file and all its properties like paths, names, etc can be edited programmatically.

So, first use xml functions to edit destination paths and then compile the project with BuildTargetBuildSpecifications.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,143 Views)