LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build exe for DSC security tools

Hi All,

I am developing an application in LV7.0 which has Visa read/write functions, alongwith that i want to implement some security features using Dsc module's vi present in function palette. My requirement is wen Login button is clicked a login dialog box gets popped up, this i have done by using NI SEC Invoke login dialog. vi. I have also used other security tools like NI SEC User account info.vi, programmatic logout.vi etc.........Vi is working perfectly fine but after making exe, and running it on same pc, login dialog box doesn't gets popped on login button clicked.

So my doubt is do i need to add some security library files while building exe and creating installer???

Your reply will be valuable to me

Thanks & Regards,

Ratna 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,153 Views)

Can you please attach the vi.

Regards,

Sahil Singla
Applications Engineer | National Instruments

(Give Kudos to good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,142 Views)

Hi Sahil,

As my vi is of large size, i have attach the snap of interest, kindly find the image login.png. In this snap there is a LOGIN button, which wen clicked by Administrator the menu bar (containing Security option) shuld get visible and then Login dialog box gets popped up. This all things works wen i run the vi but once i make exe for that the dialog box for login doesn't gets displayed.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks & Regards,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,131 Views)

Hi Ratna,

The given link explains the use of DSC run time and its deployment for DSC modules in LaVIEW applications.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4124

If the problem still persists, please let me know.

Regards,

Sahil Singla

(Give Kudos to good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,110 Views)

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for ur reply. wanted to inform u that i m using only security tools of DSC module, apart from that no other DSC tools. Even though i add all supporting files which was listed in the document named Support Files to Include when Building a LabVIEW DSC Module Application (available on http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4189) link. In addition to this i also add .rtm file for viewing tool bar while running application and security.llb (available at development machine directory:LabVIEW7.0\Vi.lib\lvdsc>. But still the problem remains as it is. So my question is do i need to add any other supporting files related to DSC security tools, which can solve my problem???????

If u have any clue, kindly recommend me.

Regards,

Ratna 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,103 Views)

Hello Ratna,

When used in an executable, certain tasks require the enhanced DSC Module Run-Time Engine.  This applies to functions which programmatically change a library, such as the Save to Library VI.

You must choose to include the enhanced DSC Run-Time Engine before building the application.  This option is under the Advanced category of the application properties. When creating the build specification, check Enable Enhanced DSC Run-Time support.

Build and run the application again, and the error should be gone.

Regards,

Sahil Singla

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,100 Views)

Hey Sahil,

I am using Labview 7.0 and i didn't found Enhanced DSC Run-Time support option. Can u please give me a snap shot where it is exactly located in LV 7.0.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,093 Views)

Hello Ratna,

Are you testing the application on the development system?If yes, and you are using DSC 7.x, the executable must be placed in the LabVIEW 7.x directory so that the DSC Module VIs can be properly loaded during execution.

However, the LabVIEW DSC Run-Time System is required if the executable will be run on a machine that does not have LabVIEW and the LabVIEW DSC Development Module installed.

Regards,

Sahil Singla

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,083 Views)

Hi,

I add all the supporting files including security.llb (available in lvdsc folder of Labview7.0 folder) and made the exe for my application. After that i copied the exe in labview7.0 folder and the run the exe from that folder only. Still no dialog box appears while clicking on Login button.Smiley Sad

Regards,

Ratna 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,074 Views)

Hello Ratna,

This error is most likely caused because the Enhanced DSC Deployment Support is not included in your installer.  Even though you have included the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, you have not included DSC support which is why the application will not run. 

To add DSC support for your application, open up the properties of your installer and make sure that the NI Enhanced DSC Deployment Support box is checked in the Additional Installers.

Regards,

Sahil Singla

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,071 Views)