LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build exe for DSC security tools

Hello,

In Labview7.0 while creating installer i m not getting the option of NI Enhanced DSC Deployment Support.

I hav attached the image of installer properties.

Also one more query, in this current application i m using  VISA and DSC (security tools only)  together so is there any limitataion that we can not use both tools in single application.This question strikes me bcoz one more application we had developed earlier which has only DSC tools (read/write tags, engine launch,security tools etc.....) and after making its executable its working perfectly fine.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(506 Views)

Hello Ratna,

I need to look into the vi for the exact problem. Please tell me what is the size of it. Is it possible to send it via email to support.india@ni.com.

Regards,

Sahil Singla
Applications Engineer | National Instruments

(Give Kudos to good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(483 Views)

Hi Sahil,

I have copied the portion of interest in new vi and sending u the attachment. If i run the vi, it will work perfectly fine (i.e the dialog box appears while clicking on Login button)  but once the exe is prepared dialog box doesn't gets popped up.

While creating installer all the support files, top level vi and menu.rtm file are added. If u require i have attached the zip file of installer.

Kindly have a look and guide me for perfect solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratna 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(479 Views)

Hi Ratna, 

I created an application out of the VI you sent and it works alright for me. I have attached the application folder for you (without an installer). Please check if this application runs correctly on your system. If not, you probably do not have the correct runtime engine installed.

Also, do check if other LabVIEW applications with simple dialog boxes (eg: a VI calling a Simple Error Handler) works fine. There may situations where external programs such as anti-viruses may be blocking your dialog boxes. 

Ideally there shouldn't be any correlation between the VISA functions and DSC functions. 

Regards,

Nikhil 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(461 Views)

Hi Nikhil,

The example vi (Security2)  which u have sent is in Labview 10 and i m using LV 7.0,so can u please downconvert it to LV7.0? 

Regards,

Ratna

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(440 Views)