From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build - error 5

Hey!

I get an error 5 when trying to build my application without an installer in Labview 2010.

Everything looks fine until the last part where it actually puts the app together - the error details are:

Error 5 occurred at Delete in AB_Engine_Delete_Internal_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File already open.

Any idea, anyone? Could 2010 sp1 help?

The only thing I can think of is that I'm using many "old" vi libs, back from Labview 6. Maybe this creates a problem?

My application is quite complicated to go over and replace all these, especially not knowing a specific place to focus at.

Thanks,

Great forum!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,282 Views)

Hi,

Have you built this application successfully in previous versions of LabVIEW? Are any VIs, especially those being included in the build, running? You may want to ensure that all VIs are stopped, saved, and closed. Also, you may want to check your code to ensure that all opened references are closed when the code is run.

I hope that helps!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,270 Views)

Hi,

Was this ever resolved? I'm seeing the same error message with an RT build.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(19 Views)

This person almost certainly won't reply as this was posted 13 years ago and they haven't posted in the last 10 years.

It would probably work better if you made your own top post, with as many exact details as you can provide specific to your situation.  LabVIEW version, OS version, details of your build, your own personal exact error message and number in case it's a little different than theirs, and so on.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(13 Views)