LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Error. An internal system operation returned the error. Code: -32

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm unable to build my installer and I cannot use my application without additional installer included in the installor

ERROR MESSAGE:

An error has occurred. Expand the Details section for more information.

Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:
Failed to copy a distribution.
Details:
Copying distribution 'THP-MKW'

from: \\bragg\Executables\Logiciel LabView\THP-MKW\Volume\

to: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MDF\ProductCache\
Additional details:
Internal system error.
An internal system operation returned the error "The system cannot find the path specified.".
Code:

QUESTION:

Why does the installer pointing to another project which have nothing to do in this particular project

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,359 Views)

It looks like you are trying to copy the installer from a network drive. the install builder may not be running as you and therefore may not have access to the network drive. Can you try copying the other installer onto your local drive and see if that would work.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,337 Views)

The installer might found one item that is part of a library. therefore need the whole library.

You also can specify the component at the installer build definition. you can remove all except the item in your project.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,316 Views)

Thanks for your answer

When building the installer, I notice that if I remove all "additional installers" it work fine, but if I add some in particular... it give me the same error.
So.... I have decided to start a blank project with only a small .vi.... Compile both and I get the same error.

It look like when we install all the driver and update from labview... Something went pointing to that particular project...

ANY IDEAS HOW TO GET RID OF THIS 

Error:
Failed to copy a distribution.
Details:
Copying distribution 'THP-MKW' from: \\bragg\Executables\Logiciel LabView\THP-MKW\Volume\ to: C:\svn_Local\JTourigny\builds\Untitled Project 1\My Installer\
Additional details:
Internal system error.
An internal system operation returned the error "The system cannot find the path specified.".
Code:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,310 Views)

Hi Benoit,

Could you check at my previous answer to see if you have other idea?  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,308 Views)

Are you placing your executable on a network drive when you build it? If so, try doing everything on your local drive. This might be a permissions issue with the network drive. The application builder and install builder are not necessarily running as you when they execute. This can cause permission issues on network drives.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,306 Views)

Hi Mark,

At first in my final project you could have been right, about the network drive

But when I started again from scratch, I took care to place those local. I have to add one additional installer that was making the error to append.

At first I left the checkbox "Automatically select recommended installers" but I was having the error. So,I tested buiding the installer adding additional installer individually one by one the get the one that was making the error to happen. Even individually the gave the same error.

NI-VISA

NI-488

NI-Serial

NI-IMAQdx

Ni-DAQmx - Actually wasn't making the error

NI-Vision

The built of the APPLICATION and the INSTALLER, of my test project are both local on the c:\ drive on Windows 10, and I sitll get the error

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,296 Views)

Have you tried opening LabVIEW as an administrator and re-build the installer to eliminate any permissions errors? Do you happen to have another computer to try and build the installer there? 

A workaround I found was to download and install the necessary software on the target computer instead of bundling with the installer. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,282 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VW89CL

I have found a solution.

After having uninstalled and reinstalling everything about national instrument... I Still had the error... 

So I've search in the Windows Registry... and found the exact line about my old project... I've deleted it and try to compile my installer again...
Then the build ask me where to find the right location for the distribution

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\Common\Installer\Distributions\.......

It's about the same solution of this: How-to-correct-the-Local-Cache-paths-for-Additional-Installer

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,271 Views)

After installing the LabView DAQmx 16, the installer placed an incomplete .zip file in the %localappdata% folder, which the registry was pointing to in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\Common\Installer\Distributions

I then changed the DistRoot entry in the registry key to point to my original downloaded .zip file, and the Installer Build brought up a dialog asking for the file location. Unzipped the .zip file to the same folder, and pointed the build to the new folder. After successful build, I tried again, and it knew where to look.

Mad props to my IT guy that helped!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,534 Views)