From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] Default control style ignored in classes

Taking time out from LVOOP before I break something I may regret to report a bit of a nuisance.  What is cheesing me off today is that my default control style (system) is being brazenly ignored by LV inside VIs which are owned by a class.  All controls/indicators created are modern.  argh.  Could be worse, it could be making everything silver.

1. set default style to system or silver or classic

2. in a vi outside of a class, drop a constant on the BD and create indicator -> should match the style set in 1

3. in a vi inside of a class drop a constant on the BD and create indicator -> modern style Smiley Mad

Also, the scripting VIs for methods and accessors ignore the preferences for default label position.  At least that one I can fix myself.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,421 Views)

Hi Darin,

Thank you for your feedback. I tried creating indicators inside of a VI in a class and it observed my default control style in LabVIEW 2013. Which version of LabVIEW are you running?

Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,398 Views)

Glad I check the mobile version of the site once in a while, I had missed your reply.  I see this in LV13 (including very very recent versions of LV13).

I think it involves the static or dynamic dispatch template VIs.  If you simply create a new VI in the class it behaves normally.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,350 Views)

It's not a bug. It is the defined behavior of templates. Changing it is a feature request that, although I think it would be nice to change, is not currently prioritized. You can edit the file

LabVIEW 2013\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\CLSUIP_MemberTemplate.vit

to change the template. Applies to any of the other templates in that directory.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,329 Views)