LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken wire in Excel Library routine

I have an application that works under the development system, but I get the following error when I build.

A VI broke during the build process from being saved without a block diagram. Either open the build specification to include the block diagram of that VI or enable debugging to include the block diagrams of all VIs in the build. Report this error to National Instruments technical support.

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\addons\_office\excel.llb\Excel Sort Data.vi

If I "Enable Debugging" for the build, the build error goes away, but I get an execution error that the Excel Sort Data.vi has a broken wire. Opening that VI shows that there is a property node that has required inputs unassigned. How do I recover from this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,202 Views)

Well, attaching your code so we could "see for ourselves" and suggest a fix would help.  There has been a change in recent versions of Excel that may be the culprit, though it usually shows up as a Broken Wire when you run the code, but maybe you aren't using the troublesome function, but it gets "included" when you do a Build ...  Don't know, can't test (no code to test ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,166 Views)

Are you using report generation tool kit?

if yes then this may help you.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019N7CSAU&l=en-IN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,141 Views)