LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean text color

Hi everybody!

I would like to know how we can apply different boolean text color in a same word.

My VI should displayed the beginning of the sentence in red and the end in white.

But it is always displayed in white.

So need your help to understand this problem.

Thx for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,224 Views)

I think we may need another opinion but as far as I see this is a bug.  The actual property you want to use to change the color is Boolean Text >> Font >> Color but even after fixing that it didn't work.  An alternative you can use is the boolean caption which appears to work as expected.  Attched is my update that shows it not working for boolean text, but working for the Caption.

Message 2 of 14
(3,219 Views)

Thank you so much for your answer!

In fact I use the boolean text because I would like to click through the text to activate the control.

If I use the caption I cannot click through.

Do you think that there is an alternative?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,213 Views)

@gaztean wrote:

There are many alternatives but all that come to mind are clunky.  You can still use the Caption text, but then capture a "Mouse Down" event that can tell you that the user clicked on it.  I justed tested it and it does allow you to click on the Caption and the event is still generated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,206 Views)

@gaztean wrote:

Thank you so much for your answer!

In fact I use the boolean text because I would like to click through the text to activate the control.

If I use the caption I cannot click through.

You could place the caption on top of your control button, then it will appear to click through for the user.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,179 Views)

@camerond wrote:

You could place the caption on top of your control button, then it will appear to click through for the user.

Cameron

Did you try this?  Because I just did in 2012 SP1 and it does not work this way.  If you place a caption on top of the button, when you click the caption the button does not change value.  You must click the button where the caption is not on top of it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,171 Views)

My bad. I could have sworn I did this earlier, but it must have been something else similar (in my mind, anyway). Too late to edit reply, though, sorry.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,164 Views)

The other option (And I KNOW it sounds hooky but it should work)

Place a "Ghost" boolean (all colors set to transparent) over the top of the "Real" Boolean that has the funky colored caption blocking clicks.  capture the Mouse Down and mouse leave events on the "Ghost" boolean updating the value and / or val signaling properties of the real boolean (to match the desired mechanical action).

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,156 Views)

This is an old bug.  There used to be a work-around, but they enhanced the bug so the work-around doesn't work anymore.

It used to be that you could create a free-floating label with the font and color variations that you wanted, then cut and paste it into the boolean text.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,151 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I think we may need another opinion but as far as I see this is a bug.  The actual property you want to use to change the color is Boolean Text >> Font >> Color but even after fixing that it didn't work.

why is that? can this be reported.....

btw, i like camerond idea by moving the caption into place and toggle accordingly w bool text not showing

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,150 Views)