LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean button not clickable on decoration?

Solved!
Go to solution

Trying to make a (simple?) custom control, Modern boolean button with an image and text rather than just text. However when I put the image on via Import to Clipboard and Paste in Customize Control, then use the control, if you click the image portion of it the button is not activated, only if you click the text.

Seems simple, but I'm stuck. Custom control attached.

I'm using Modern to match the rest of this years-old UI - while Silver might work it wouldn't look right with the rest of it.

Help?

-Lou

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(764 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lgc102

Instead of placing a decoration over the button, you need to import it as decal (or separately if true and false should have different images).

altenbach_0-1664723852893.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(755 Views)

Hi lgc,

@lgc102 wrote:

Trying to make a (simple?) custom control, Modern boolean button with an image and text rather than just text. However when I put the image on via Import to Clipboard and Paste in Customize Control, then use the control, if you click the image portion of it the button is not activated, only if you click the text.

Seems simple, but I'm stuck. Custom control attached.

There's a simple solution: you need to place that image as "Decal"! Then you can also click on the image to change the button state…

Copy your image into the clipboard. Right-click the control and choose "Import picture from clipboard"->"Decal"!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(754 Views)

That worked - thank you!

One note: that right click import only works when you're in EDIT mode (wrench), not in CUSTOMIZE mode (calipers), which is why I didn't see that option originally.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(743 Views)