cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean Text Position

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

When the attached VI starts to run, the front panel comes right away. The Boolean text position for the Boolean Control is from default position to the position I specified by using Property Node. There is a delay. Is there any way I can set a default Boolean text position? Or use other ways, so that we will not see the delay.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,540 Views)

Make your front panel invisible at the begining.  After you done with boolean text positioning, make FP visible.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,529 Views)

Right click on the control and go to advanced -> customize.  Then you can click the little wrench and edit your control.  In this mode you can move the text wherever you want and it will stay.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,518 Views)

Hi George,

I am new to Labview. I know how to make individual control visible, invisible. But I do not know how to make the whole front panel visible, invisible? Can you tell me how?

Thank you very much,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,512 Views)

With your VI in edit mode, on the front panel, if your boolean text is locked in the center, right-click on it and select "Release Text".

Now you can click on the text and move it to anyplace you want.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,494 Views)

Hi BowenM,

I have 24 Boolean controls in the same front panel. If I use the way you suggested, I have to save 24 Boolean controls. I tried to save one control as Type Definition, and other controls use the same Type Definition. But it does not work.

Thank you,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,479 Views)

@Shijie wrote:

Hi BowenM,

I have 24 Boolean controls in the same front panel. If I use the way you suggested, I have to save 24 Boolean controls. I tried to save one control as Type Definition, and other controls use the same Type Definition. But it does not work.

Thank you,

Steve

You don't need to save the control to file... you can just it on the front panel.

As for type definition, make it a "Strict Typedef" and then visual changes will be pushed to all instances of that control.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,477 Views)

Hi Paul,

The problem is that the development screen and the target screen does not match perfectly. Each time I compile the file, and intall it into target, the Boolean text position might change. That is why I have to use Property Node.

Thank you,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shijie

Why would the boolean text change position?

There are two ways I can think of.

1.  The text is based on a windows symbolic font, like "dialog font".  Where on one PC, Windows defines it as Tahoma 8,  another PC defines it as Segoe 9.  So size and position would change.  To solve that, make sure your default fonts in LabVIEW and the controls are all set for a specific font such as Tahoma 8, and not some symbolic font such as "Application" or "Dialog".

2.  You have scaling turned on in the VI so things scale and change positions as a function of Window size or resolution.  If so, just don't.  Design your VI to screen and window size you want, and don't mess with automatic scaling.

Message 9 of 14
(4,459 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

The first suggestion helps me a lot. Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, when my application runs, it has to occupy full screen and it does not allowed to show window title bar, menu bar, scroll bar... except my own menu. Therefore, I have to use automtic scaling (Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes). It does cause me a lot of work. Right now, I do not know how to get around it.

Thank you very much again for your help,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,433 Views)