LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth to Serial

Hi everyone,

After a deep search on the forum i couldn't get the info that i needed for my project.

My goal is to receive the data sent via Serial communication from an arduino. I have used VISA code and LabView's Bluetooth's interface without success. 

I use a HC-06 Bluetooth module to do it and without labview interface, i am able to see all the serial data on a simple android terminal for bluetooth, but when trying to get that same info in LabView, i get a lot of trouble. 

I have already created COM ports associated to the bluetooth adapter, but i need to connect to both bluetooth devices each other so i need LabView code for my pc to connect with that specific device address, which took me to bluetooth interface, but , despite my efforts, it wasn't able to get me a successful connection.

The HC-06 is already paired with my computer through Bluetooth Pendrive.

I have the same codthat i use to with just a android terminal, so the only step that i'm not being capable of doing is to do the code run-time connection.

In attachment i upload a print that i get when trying to open the connection, note that the HC-06 device is recognized.

Even if i can connect, how can i get the data? will it be rightly displayed according to arduino's Serial.println() every time in the cycle?

Any kind of help would be really appreciated since i'm stuck in that simple step for a lot of time.

Thanks for the time spent. Hope to resolve the situation to go for further steps,

s1sm1x

Material used:

Arduino uno( baud at 9600)

HC-06 bluetooth module

bluetooth adapter pendrive ( my PC doesn't have built-in bluetooth)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,221 Views)

After more development, i tried to get de uuid in runtime, and had similar results, the code isn't able to understand the module's mode ( discoverable or connectable).

Print in attachment.

Thanks for the time, 

s1sm1x

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,202 Views)

Hi s1sm1x,

I am not sure to understand the whole problem, please correct me if I am worng : you can see your bluetooth adapter but you don't know how to acquire data from your Arduino via LabVIEW ?

Can you please post your code and not just snaps of it ?

Thank you in advance 😉

Maxime L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,098 Views)