LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blend moves

Hello, I am programming a software for helical winding machine. I have two axes : Axis 1- Mandrel should be always rotating at constant speed and Axis 2 Carriage should be moving along a straight line back & forth to make the winding. I have made a vector from these two axes. The profile would be as follows : 
1. Helical Pass : Mandrel rotates while the carriage is moving from the start till the end of the mandrel to have a specific winding angle
2. Helical Dwell : at the end of the pipe the mandrel should continue rotating while the carriage does not move
3. Helical Pass : same as 1 but in the reverse direction
4. Helical Dwell : Same as 2 but at the start of the mandrel

For slow speeds I have no issues. But when speed increases the mandrel speed will decrease at the dwell and then increase after blending the helical pass move

The vector speed always decreases when the carriage changes direction but mandrel only begins to decrease its speed at high speed profile. 

When checking the speed of the carriage I have noticed that I am having issues when the carriage does not reach the null zero position at the dwell. It decelerates and directly accelerate.

I have LV2014, NI Motion 14.0 and PCI7344 Board controlling Siemens servo drive system.

Please advise. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,760 Views)