LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank CSV file attachment with email

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks "cbucher" for your idea of wiring the path directly in the third frame instead of using a property node.

It worked!!!

Thanks once again.

Seemingly , property nodes do not refresh their values....

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(732 Views)

shantanu@india wrote:

Hello,

Let me clarify:

1. We manufacture automatic weighing systems comprising of a PLC panel connected to a PC based SCADA which generates hourly CSV files. The Reporter program is triggered by the Windows task scheduler program once everyday that parses the 24 hourly files to generate a Summary Report in CSV  format.
  2. Both the SCADA program & the Reporter program( that I have attached) are LabVIEW 2015 based exe files.
  3. For every customer we create a Google account with a Gmail address that is used to send the Summary report as an attachment to the designated mail recipients.
  4. There cannot be any inherent problem in the code since we have supplied this system to many customers with different PC configurations & operating systems(Win 7/8.1/10)
  5. In this particular case , the Summary report is being generated perfectly at its designated DOS path but the Email is being sent only to the first email address in the array of email addresses & that too with a blank attachment.This particular computer belongs to the client with its dedicated LAN-based internet connection.
  6. We can send the same CSV file as attachment to all the recipients from the same Gmail I.D from the same computer if we use the standard Gmail server instead of LabVIEW.
  7. As always , we have set the Gmail security settings to allow "Less Secure Apps"

So it was a combination of situations A and B I outlined earlier.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(721 Views)

Please remove the login credentials before attaching your VI. A good practice is to keep them separated from the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(712 Views)

Thanks for reminding "cordm"!!

The moral of the story is that the LabVIEW SMTP function blocks like "send" & "attach" are very prone to handle errors & can behave quite unpredictably.

Another moral is direct wiring is always more reliable than indirect wiring using property nodes!! I did it only to make the block diagram more neat & paid the price for it....

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(705 Views)

I'm glad you were able to solve your problem 🙂

shantanu@india wrote:

Thanks for reminding "cordm"!!

The moral of the story is that the LabVIEW SMTP function blocks like "send" & "attach" are very prone to handle errors & can behave quite unpredictably.

Another moral is direct wiring is always more reliable than indirect wiring using property nodes!! I did it only to make the block diagram more neat & paid the price for it....

Yes - if there isn't some vital need to use Property Nodes for Value, or Local Variables (for multiple cases, for example) I would always strongly suggest directly wiring things together.

I'm not entirely surprised that the SMTP functions are a little surprising, but I'm glad you got them worked out.

I'm not sure if you did this, but for others reading this thread, probing error wires (or crucial values) and using additional indicators as necessary can often at least narrow down the location of a problem. In this case, I guess probing the path used would have been the best probe to place.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(695 Views)