LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitmap Animation

I'd like to do the following:

1. Open a folder that contains BMP files using the code posted by SteveChandler

2. Display bitmaps in the picture object (say 1 image per second) in a way that would stretch the image and fiill the whole frame with every bitmap update.

Right now I do not see a way of stretching the pitcure object. I am not sure if I am using the right object (picture). Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,818 Views)

The picture control (which is called a picture control despite almost always being used as an indicator), has a zoom property which is perhaps the simplest way to get what you are after.  This assumes you want the same scaling in x and y which is fairly reasonable.  There are other interpolating methods for nonuniform scaling, but this is much more complicated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,814 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

The picture control (which is called a picture control despite almost always being used as an indicator), has a zoom property which is perhaps the simplest way to get what you are after.  This assumes you want the same scaling in x and y which is fairly reasonable.  There are other interpolating methods for nonuniform scaling, but this is much more complicated.

Are you talking about Classic > Classic Graph > Control > 2D Picture? I do not see any zoom properties for this object.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,810 Views)

Right-Click -> Create Property Node -> the last entry is 'Zoom Factor' or something like that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,805 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

Right-Click -> Create Property Node -> the last entry is 'Zoom Factor' or something like that.

Found it; but it does not work quite well. I need a have a separate zoom for X and Y axis, and the zoom factor is the one that works for both axis at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,794 Views)

If you look in the code I posted here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Concatenate-Images/m-p/1152517#M506549

you will find the code I use to do arbitrary scaling on 24 bit images.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,790 Views)

This is so complex... is there any simpler solution?...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,752 Views)

Hi wprice,

Were you able to look at the ScaleBitmap.vi. It appears to be a solution that should work well for you application.

regards,

Josh

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,707 Views)

Josh B wrote

Were you able to look at the ScaleBitmap.vi. It appears to be a solution that should work well for you application.

Where do I find it? I do tno see it under LV 2009 examples.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,692 Views)

Click on this link http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Concatenate-Images/m-p/1152517#M506549 and then look at the bottom of Darin.K's post you will see and attachment called  CoryKArtworkGenerator.llb 685 KB. If you open that attachment you will a labview LLB Manger open with three vis in it. I believe the ScaleBitmap.vi will be useful for you. Let me know if you that works. 

Regards,

Josh Brown

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,668 Views)