LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print image file with at least 150 DPI

Happy NI Week everyone!  I couldn't make it this year, but I am working to encourage the pruchase of lots of NI hardware.

We know about printing the front panel of a VI as a quick and somewhat dirty way to generate a report.  I know DIAdem would be the superior solution here, but I wonder if there's a middle ground.  Recently, a customer requested some minor changes to an application and one of the requests was to "clean up" the way their logo looks on a printout.  They supplied us with a high resolution version of their logo, and we tried converting it to various formats before pasting it on the front panel, but the printout seems to always be rather blocky and low resolution looking.  My thought is that the front panel is rendered at 72 DPI (dots-per-inch) and the data sent to the printer is at that resolution.  I know we can save an image of a front panel.  So what I would like to do is make an oversized front panel, save it as an image file, and print that image file at 150 or 300 DPI.

So the question is:  How do I print an image file at a different DPI than what it was originally saved with?  What is a good method to print image files for that matter?

Thanks,

Dan Press

PrimeTest Automation

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,447 Views)

Hi Photon Dan,

Here is a possible solution. It requires some photo editing. You could take a normal screen shot of your front panel and then import it into a photo editor such as IrfanView. From that point you could resize the image and make it very large. This will make the image quality very poor. At this point you could import the high resolution image from your client and paste it over the poor quality image in the screen shot. Then resize it back to its normal size. You should then be able to select what DPI you would like to print it at and will have a high quality logo. Lots of photo editing but it could give you what you want. 

Regards, 

Josh Brown

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,418 Views)